Thursday, March 29, 2007

Cody's ballad

Cody had to write a ballad for school. He could choose any subject. He chose to write about the first time we went to the beach and he was in the hotel room and was in this "frenzy" where he was running around like a crazy person and he saw the ocean out the patio door and ran to see it and ran SMACK into the glass sliding door. So here now for your reading pleasure is "Ballad by Cody".

On my way to the beach
What a blast it would be
I thought very little
about what Mom would do to me.

When we reached the room
I was quiet at the spot
My Mom was good at pranking
And I knew I was caught

That night before dinner
My Mom cleaned the glass door
She knew I was going to hit hard
So she put a cushion on the floor

When she finished cleaning up
She would make some ham
She dissappeared on the spot
Then she yelled "Do you want that with jam"?

After we ate Mom's dinner
I kind of jumped the gun
I didn't know where I was going
And I got a hole in one

As I lay on the floor
My Mom's face was tearstained
I got all red in the cheeks
And my back was in pain

My Mom helped me get up
I l;aughed at myself in pity
She said she would remember this
The time I was so giddy

As my vacation came to an end
I never forgot the day
I ran into the door
And I put on a big display!
Disclaimer:
Contrary to what it says here.......I did not plan for him to run into the door! He did that all on his own!

No comments: