Thursday, April 26, 2007

Grateful Thursday

Morning everyone......It's time for another installment of grateful thursday. Today I am thinking about a lot of things that I could be thankful to God for. This week has brought back some feelings that I haven't felt for awhile. My friend since elementary school had to plan her beloved Dad's funeral this week. I realized that we have moved into a new stage of our life. I guess they call it "middle age". The stage where we are no longer planning baby showers for friends but are now holding them in funeral homes while they grieve over the loss of a wonderful parent. It wasn't that long ago that I was in her shoes and I still think about my Dad every day. We take so much for granted. We don't think about someone passing away, we think we'll always have tomorrow to talk with them or get over the petty things that have been keeping us apart. We don't know how much time we have here ourselves or those we love. So today I am grateful for time well spent. The time I took to call a friend, or the time I let the dishes go so I could play in the yard with my kids, or the time my Dad took to write "I love you" with his finger on my back. Time is a precious thing, don't waste what time God has given you. It is a gift that only he can give and he can also take away.

No comments: