Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Fool's

Happy April Fool's Day everyone......We played some great pranks on the kids today.


First when Tom brought our mail in I slipped an envelope in with the mail addressed to Cody and Jordan from the IRS. It said that they failed to pay taxes on their allowance and that they were now in trouble. After explaining who the IRS was and all they got very worried and totally bought into it. You should have seen their faces.

Then as a "treat"for school today I gave them each a puzzle to do. Jordan's was a maze, of course what he didn't know was that it was unsolvable! And Cody got a word search where the only word that is actually in the puzzle is April's fools! For dinner I told them as part of homeschooling today we were going to try some new food......Sushi. I got chop sticks and everything. What they didn't know was that it was really rice crispy treat with a gummy worm in the middle wrapped in fruit by the foot! The best part was that Cody actually still thought it was sushi and that raw fish was really good!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Imagine lots of folks wish the IRS tax was just an April Fool's joke. I think I could learn to like sushi, at your house.

Doug said...

ok, your sushi is awesome! I'm totally going to try that with the kids sometime. thanks for the great idea!

susan