Friday, January 16, 2009

house of cards

There is this neat website called "think". Each week it gives kids a list of supplies, (like 2 straws, 3 pieces of paper, a stick of gum and 2 paperclips, the task is to build a bridge that can hold 5 pennies). This weeks challenge was to use a deck of cards and build a city, that's the only instruction they got.....So here is the solution that Cody and Jordan came up with....
They realized that if they folded the cards they could get them to stand better and go higher. pretty neat I thought. Good using your noggin!!!!! Here's a link to the website if you are intrested. http://kidswhothink.blogspot.com/

2 comments:

Think! said...

Great job guys!

PLNaugle said...

I teach fourth grade in New Orleans and just found Think! I am going to use the challenges with my math classes. I think you made an awesome willage with your deck of cards. Great towers and great thinking.