Thursday, July 16, 2009

camp

We discovered something reasonably new this week......Jordan is a serious camper! He left on Sunday for camp kidzone with our church. The senior high youth group put it on. Sleeping bag? check. clean underwear? check. Getting embarrassed by my Dad? check. The bus was late bringing them home today. We were all in the parking lot waiting when all of a sudden we heard all this honking and cheering, low and behold here comes the bus into the parking lot. Who was hanging out the farthest back window?

Yep, you guessed it....my kid!

The man who was a leader in his cabin told me "he was really good. I enjoyed having him, and boy can he eat!" Huh? Jordan? You've got to be kidding me! So why does he still weigh 50 pounds? ( Okay keep the jokes about my cooking to yourselves!)He also told me that Jordan wanted to keep their cabin flag....as you can see they were team spruce.He had such a good time. He said that he wishes he could come home for a day, shower and get clean clothes and go back. (Since when does he care about clean clothes or showers?)

1 comment:

ken said...

One year I was at a two week long camp with the Y in pgh. Camp kon a kwue or something like that. In the middle we took a 50 mile canoe ride which had some minor white water.