Friday, August 21, 2009

ER

SO we spent another afternoon at the ER today. Cody bites his nails alot and I always warn him about getting an infection......well this week it happened. Monday we saw the doctor and it was only swollen. ice was prescribed.......tuesday night it was swollen and getting dark under the nail......doctor visit again on wednesday.....antibiotics...... by thursday it looked like this.......
This photo was taken before the intense pain started.....He said to me, "good thing you don't have your camera". "Don't challenge me buddy, it's always at the ready"! LOL they actually sliced open his finger, and she had to squeeze it to get all the "stuff" out of it. This is where the crying like I have never seen him cry before came. I felt so bad for him. it is wrapped now (resembles something obscene) antibiotics are on board. They even gave him tylenol with codeine for the pain. we see his family doctor today. Think he learned a valuable lesson here?

2 comments:

Williams Family said...

I bite my nails all the time and now I think I might actually stop. Cody I hope your finger feels a little better.

ken said...

Maybe his mom should buy him better snacks.