Friday, September 11, 2009

CQ

CQ stands for craft quickie......my newest one. If you are like me you have a ton of canvas tote bags laying around, given to you because you went to a seminar or volunteered for something. Well I found this great idea on the web. You basically take an ugly tote bag, they usually have some sort of writing on them, and make it into something brand new.
I Started with some fabric I had and a tote bag...I added a pocket to the bag to cover the writing. In hind sight I should have put a back on my pocket with my fabric.......From there I basically made a cover for the bag. Turn your bag inside out and lay on the fabric. Cut a piece that is approx. 1/4 inch larger than the bag all the way around. Put right sides of fabric together and stitch the sides. Insert tote bag into the fabric cover and fold down the top to meet with the bag and top stitch.The result is a tote bag with a pocket inside that I wouldn't mind taking to the grocery store or farmers market!

No comments: